Managing assets, fonts, mockups, and design
Check out this resource for free front-end things, like code samples or images, you can use in your projects.
Be sure to bookmark Unsplash, an amazing place to get free, high-quality, beautiful photos for use in any projects.
- Amazing 1-page sites
- stricte 1 page site
- FltDsgn: gorgeous site showcasing concepts of ‘flat design’.
- An example of a site built to be a visual resume
- Robby Leonard’s spectacular interactive visual resumes
- Coolers, my new favorite palette tool.
- Adobe’s Kuler wheel: provides HEX and RGB’s for any color.
- Paletton, an excellent tool for putting together colors and getting their HEX and RGB codes.
- “A Simple Web Developer’s Guide to Color”
- Unsplash: completely free high quality photos
- Pixabay, another great place to get hgh quality images
- Canva: create your own layouts, images, and more, with mountains of premade free templates for you to use.
- Free Icon creator
- Balsamiq Mockups, not free, but the standard and best-known tool
- Mockingbird mockups, totally free
- Wireframe.cc, a beautiful and simple, free, wireframing tool.
- Personally, of all of these, I still prefer Canva.
Designing User Experiences and User Interaction
- The most important things for positive mobile experience: “Designing for Mobile Performance”
- “The Quintessential Guide For Building An Unforgettable First-time User Experience”: a superb article. Not only a walkthrough of a highly successful app and how they got to be that way, but also a great lesson in the incredible importance of user interface design.
- “3 Best Form Design Practices for your design process”
Web design for developers
- “Before you can master design, you must first master the fundamendals.”
- “No budget? No excuse: a practical guide to user experience design on the cheap”
- Slides: Designing for Performance
- “Planning a Design Project”
- “Planning and Scheming: How We Start a Web Design Project”
- “6 Phases of the Web Site Design and Development Process”
- “Design is About Solving Problems”
- “What is UX Design?”
- Design for Developers resources
- “9 Nasty UX Truths”